While presenting and teaching, I like to entertain my audience as much as enrich their thinking. I love to lecture and participate in panel discussions about feminism, pop culture, new media and any combo of the three.
As an educator, I am passionate about invoking critical thinking and hearty discussion among my students, letting their experiences inform the learning process. Opening up their perspectives and letting them open mine is what I believe creates the best learning environment. I have also tutored, instructed students of religion, and been a substitute teacher.
PANELIST AND PRESENTER
- Created syllabus using textbook and knowledge of media ethics for 300-level class
- Rated 4.7 out of 5 by students on Rate My Professor
- Engaged students in discussions through multimedia presentations
- Emphasized critical thought rather than memorization of facts
- Wrote and graded midterm and final exams
- Reviewed positively by hiring professor